Position Description: The Rio Grande Headwaters Land Trust is pleased to announce an opening for a Summer 2016 "Cathy McNeil Conservation Intern." The successful applicant will work with RiGHT staff on outreach, events, and conservation easement monitoring during our busy summer season. This is a 40 hour per week position and is based at RiGHT's office in Del Norte, Colorado.
Through this opportunity, the Conservation Intern would gain increased familiarity with the work of land trusts and conservation easements as a tool for protecting land and water resources. They would also gain increased knowledge of event planning and its role in support of nonprofits and increased knowledge of the nonprofit sector in general.
RiGHT's mission is, "Conserving our land, water and way of life in Colorado's San Luis Valley." We protect and support working ranches and farms, water resources, wildlife habitat and scenic landscapes and inspire a culture of conservation in the San Luis Valley. Cathy McNeil was one of our organization's founders and served as Board President for many years. Cathy was deeply committed to conservation and education and this Conservation Intern position is offered in her honor.
Service Dates: We are seeking someone who can work over 8 to 10 consecutive weeks between June 1st and August 30th, 2016. Dates are flexible.
- $2,000 stipend
- Professional development and hands-on experience with conservation projects
- Opportunity to spend time monitoring beautiful, conserved private ranches throughout the San Luis Valley
- Must be a US Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of application and have a valid driver's license
- Have some computer skills, be comfortable in the outdoors, and be able to work independently at times
- Must have sincere dedication to and an interest in environmental stewardship and community service
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to: Katherine Brown, email@example.com. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Application Deadline: March 20, 2016.